What We Do
We hold 10 membership meetings from February to December, featuring knowledgeable speakers on a multitude of gardening topics. Our meetings are held at Glenshaw Presbyterian Church, 300 Glenn Avenue, Glenshaw, PA 15116 on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 12:00 noon, unless otherwise specified. (Please see "Events" page for a detailed listing.)
* Field Trips to unique gardens are offered to inspire members to new gardening heights!
* Annual Plant Sale is held on the first Saturday in May from 9 am till noon at Kiwanis Park. Members divide and share their perennials, host a bake sale, provide children's activities and a flea market. This sale helps stimulate gardeners to try new plantings and serves as a major fundraiser to support our charities and club projects.
* Shaler Gardens Tour is our fundraiser which benefits the Shaler North Hills Library. Community members get the chance to tour five spectacular area gardens.
* Great Gardens Contest allows area gardeners to submit their home gardens to win awards and to be recognized for their hard work. The first place winner is asked to participate in the Great Garden Tour.
* We maintain the gardens at Shaler North Hills Library twice per month throughout the growing season.
* Earth Day Project distributes birdseed packets and information to all kindergarten students in Shaler School District, to inspire them to learn more about the bird environment and how they can feed birds in their own backyards.
* Fairy Garden Workshop, held at Shaler Library for 4-8 year olds, inspires children with the magic of gardening, as they build houses for fairies out of natural materials.
* Horticultural Therapy Program, an autumn wreath making contest, hosted at Hampton Fields Retirement Village. Members creative wreaths are voted on by the residents with the wreaths being donated to the residents after the judging.
* Decorate three indoor Christmas trees at the Shaler North Hills Library. One is decorated with handmade ornaments made from natural dried plant materials, one with traditional ornaments and one with gingerbread cookies made by members.